Are you looking for support or need advice / information related to geospatial technology in the Amazon basin? If so, then take a few minutes to contact us for technical assistance
Are you looking for a partner in co-developing products or services? If so, then take a few minutes to contact us for technical assistance. SERVIR-Amazonia may be able help you overcome the challenges you face with applying geospatial data and technology into decision-making and planning.
Your inquiry also gives us ideas of how to make our project more suited to regional needs. As a client-driven project, SERVIR-Amazonia strives to ensure our work is meeting the needs of governments and other key stakeholders in the region to promote decision-making based on geospatial technology. We encourage all types of inquiries, small or large.
The kind of assistance we can provide
1. A new or customized dataset
Looking for new or custom datasets to help your work? SERVIR-Amazonia is committed to developing custom datasets for specific decision-making contexts in the region. If you need a customized dataset, then let us know! We will work with you to develop a solution that works for you.
2. A new or customized tool
Have a problem in getting the right analysis for a geospatial related issue? If so, SERVIR-Amazonia may be able to help you access new or customized tools to help. Consult us about opportunities to partner with SERVIR-Amazonia in developing a new tool that applies geospatial data to decision-making in the Amazon region.
3. Training or capacity building
Interested in learning a new piece of technology or tool related to geospatial data in the Amazon region? Or want to learn more about SERVIR-Amazonia and the value of geospatial technology for environmental decision-making? If so, please consult us about opportunities for training, presentations or possible internships with SERVIR-Amazonia. We are committed to working with partners in the region to build their awareness and capacity related to geospatial data and technology for sustainable development.
4. Technical advice or consulting
Have a problem or a challenge related to geospatial data and technology but not sure what the solution is or where to find a solution? If so, please ask us for technical advice or consulting. One of our staff will get in contact with you to provide you the information you need to resolve your problem.
SERVIR-Amazonia encourages all regional stakeholders to consult us for technical assistance.
Here are some guidelines for submissions:
- The submitting institution (or affiliation of the submitting individual) must be a government unit, non-government organization, academic or research institute, bilateral or multilateral agency, or private sector entity.
- The proposed support should involve the creation or application of geospatial information and/or technology;
- The proposed support should clearly outline how the support will be relevant to planning processes, policy formulation or other decision making in the region.
- Regional based support will be prioritized. Submitted requests must be relevant for one or more of the following countries: Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Ecuador, Suriname, Guyana.
- The proposed support will be prioritized but not limited to one or more of the following themes (find more information under Service Areas):