Internet 3.0 and related social media are providing citizens worldwide with the opportunity to participate in data collection and the scientific process, and contribute meaningfully to our understanding of the Earth system and global environment.
Together we would like to:
- Understand the panorama of existing experiences in the Amazon region
- Incentivize knowledge sharing
- Provide concrete ideas to co-develop geospatial services
- Identify potential collaborators
Your contribution and experience should reside in one of SERVIR-Amazonia’s service areas. Please consult the current geospatial service developments in our service catalogue for a better understanding of the solutions that we are working on with partners.
Contributions will be screened by a committee and selected upon criteria of pertinence to SERVIR-Amazonia’s service areas, and replicability. The authors of selected contributions will be presenting to a broad audience on September 29 & 30, including professionals from NASA SERVIR and SERVIR-Amazonia. The abstracts will also be included in a SERVIR-Amazonia online publication. Authors of three awarded contributions will be invited to join co-developing service teams to include or improve a citizen science or participatory mapping service component.
- July 26: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- August 23: Notifications to authors
- September 29 and 30: Virtual Forum
- November 2021: SERVIR-Amazonia publication
Contact: Simone Staiger, Coordinator knowledge management, SERVIR-Amazonia